Position Statements on Behaviour, Training and outdated “dominance” theory by a wide variety of Professional Associations
Body Language Resources
- Canine Behavior: Observing and Interpreting Canine Body Postures
- The language of Dogs – Understanding Canine Body Language and other communication Signals
Kids and Dogs – Safety and Education links
Please visit the below websites to refresh how to exercise Active Supervision at all times that any children is around your dog(s).
Children are too often unpredictable (especially to dogs) and any dog, but especially one with an anxiety disorder or other medical problems, could become reactive if surprised, cornered or overwhelmed.
Keep your child and your dog safe.
- Baby and Pet – babyandpet.com.au
- All Pets Education and Training reference: Has an excellent chart on the different levels of supervision
- Dogs gone safe – “Be a Tree Project”
- The Blue Dog Project – A dog in the family
- Family Paws – Parent Education
- We Are Family – Victoria State Government initiative
They all want to see the dog and give them “cuddles”. But how does the dog feel about it?!
Please learn to read the subtle signs of stress dog’s are showing us.
Respect your dog (or cat, or horse, or bird or any other domestic animal in our care).
Help your dog feel safe and comfortable.
It will reduce your dog having to develop other coping strategies which can include anything from excessive jumping, barking, pacing, digging, barking to growling, snapping or biting.
These behaviours are your dog’s coping strategies. Please do not punish them for showing us they are uncomfortable.
Learn to respect them, they rely on us to feel safe!
Treats, chew and toy suppliers
Environmental and Food Enrichment
Trainers in Gold Coast and Brisbane
- Lia Costa from Canine Journeys is the most experienced Behavioural Trainer on the Gold Coast! Her personality is open and welcoming. She will help you through all of the management and behavioural training your dog needs to learn to be calmer and more responsive to you.
- Trish from All Pets Education and Training is the “clicker training queen”! She has successfully worked with all animals from cats, dogs, cows, birds, horses and more! Being a qualified Delta instructor, she’s able to help your pets through behaviour challenges as well as assist you with teaching your pet any trick you wish to teach them!